SD42 school program teachers
- "Students are able to view our local wildlife and explore our local waterways."
- "Dragon Boat paddling provides an alternate environment for physical activity."
- "We paddle rain or shine so students are encouraged to embrace west coast weather."
- "I like to expose students to a variety of life long physical activities."
- "Paddling expands the walls of the classroom by providing an outdoor, cooperative, physical activity."
Here are some student comments:
- Kirsten: "I liked seeing the animals - the harbour seals, herons and salmon."
- Nicholas: "Dragon boating was exciting! A great experience. Canoeing in the rain was the best time."
- Kailee: "Thank you for teaching us how to dragon boat."
- Sam: "I had a lot of fun seeing the animals."
- Logan: "I liked paddling up and down the river."
- Jenny: "Dragon boating was really fun and excellent exercise. Until now, I'd never been on a boat."
- Marc: "I loved the races. I think my arms are stronger now."
- Gina: "I liked seeing the jumping fish."