Pitt Meadows Paddling Club offers CanoeKayak Canada’s signature Day Camps focusing on skill development, safety and FUN to introduce the sport of paddling – sprint canoe, kayak, dragonboat, outrigger, recreational canoe skills and regatta skills to children aged 8 –13 yrs.
Available during July and August, campers will receive instruction in various disciplines of paddling from certified coaches, and enjoy spending time on the water practicing what they’ve learned. The daily paddling activities are balanced with games and day trips to various spots along the river, as well as lots of swimming on those hot and sunny days. No experience is needed and campers work at their own pace to develop paddling skills.
Games, team boats, singles, pleasure canoes, outrigger canoes, voyageur canoe and the dragon boat will all be introduced to the participants during the week long sessions. The week finishes with a BBQ, mini regatta and certificate presentation.
- Running weekly from July 4 - September 2
- Week long camps
- Full day and partial day opportunities available throughout the summer
- 9 – 2 full or 9-12 half days Monday thru Thursday; Fridays all 9-2
- Targeted at individuals between 8 and 13 years of age; participants can attend a half or full day program.
- The second child of the family, or second camp for the same child receives a 15% discount. Please make a note when registering.
- Short week: full day: $160; half day: $120
- Full week: full day: $200; half day: $150